Saturday 10 December 2016

It is Not About Me


Courtesy: Quotesgram.com
This has been the most liberating statement in my writing and blogging journey. Writing can be to some extend about the writer but in most cases, it has nothing to do with you. It could be about something that
happened to you or something you have observed or something you want to say. But the truth is, your writing is for your readers.

For a while, I had put a pause to my blog because I was soul searching on what I need to write about. I had made it all about me and forgotten that there are people who enjoy reading my work. When I realised it has nothing to do with me, I got back on track. Now it is time to go back to blogging and writing again!!!

I know, my readers missed me and so did I. This is a fresh journey for me. Let's just say, I have had a revelation and great things lay ahead. 

When I started this blog, I had no idea what it was going to be about or what I would write about. Truth is, I still do not know what it will be about but I will keep writing whatever comes my way; as I have done before.

Courtesy: itsabouttheadventure.com
I do not mean to sound complex or confuse you. All I am saying is, whenever you decide to be a writer or blogger you have a greater obligation not to yourself but to your readers. This is quite a big responsibility which is also liberating.

It may not make sense at this point, but I beg that you trust me and stick close to this blog. Then you will also get a revelation eventually!!

I feel so excited already. Hope I can transfer the excitement to you. Cheers!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment