Thursday 6 June 2013

Volunteer Work

Touching someone’s life is the best thing you can do in this life. Kenya Red Cross Society has given me the opportunity to touch lives. For
the last three days, the Kenya Red Cross Maragua Branch has been carrying out an anti-jigger campaign. 

The exercise mainly involved visiting public schools within Murang’a County and issuing them shoes. This is a preventive measure against the jigger menace that has been experienced in this area for a while.
As a volunteer and member of Kenya Red Cross, I have taken part in the distribution of shoes to these schools. Though the work is tedious what made my days is the smile on each and every student who got a shoe. This is the greatest satisfaction I can think of.
Very many people especially the youth shun volunteer work. We have been brought up in a society whereby we want to be paid for every single thing we do even in our own homes. I believe the satisfaction that we get from money cannot be compared to touching a life. Today I challenge all of you to try and do any form of volunteer work and am sure it will be a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment