Thursday 5 November 2015

Two Reasons Why I admire CS Anne Waiguru



As I sit down to write this article, I am well aware of how people will question my sanity.


So you are probably thinking, “HOW DO I DARE TO ADMIRE CS ANNE WAIGURU?” My answer is simple,
I do not admire what is going on in the Ministry of Devolution but I am impressed by how, Cs Waiguru is reacting to all the allegations.


Reason Number 1

Several weeks ago there was a very naughty tweet implicating the President and CS Waiguru that went viral. I am sure you all remember and for those who don’t, sorry because I am not willing to share such a message here.


People said all sort of things about her and I am sure most allegations cannot be verified.


I admire the way she reacted to all those allegations by simply saying nothing. She focused on her work and let the public get gratification as they attacked her on social media.


That is not all, pressure has been mounting for her to step aside but she has kept her cool.


How many of us, especially women, can keep their cool when people are saying all sort of things to your face? This something I am sure we can all admire.


Reason Number 2

The Ministry of Devolution has been faced with all sorts of corruption allegations. It all started with the mismanagement of funds at NYS to the outrageous budget where a ball point pen was bought at KShs. 8,700.


Corruption is just one big cancer that is killing our society.


Once again the reaction of the CS Waiguru is just on point. Apparently, she is not involved in the process of procurement and has no idea how much anything in her office costs.


Instead of shifting blame and pointing fingers she kept a straight face and shielded herself from any blame.


Most of us, when faced with situations that question our integrity or even productivity at work, we are always quick to attack those who make the allegations and we go ahead to shift the blame to someone else.


I am not supporting CS Anne Waiguru in any way, but her way of dealing with the pressure in her office is impeccable. This is what employers call working under pressure.

Here are related articles: 


No comments:

Post a Comment