Friday 15 August 2014

The Power in Writing



Before I share anything with you let me apologize for my absence for over a month. I know you may not think it necessary but I insist on apologizing. As a writer and journalist my obligation is to my readers.
You, my readers are my bosses because you influence my writing and without you I wouldn’t be writing in the first place.

Writing is slowly being accepted as a profession in Kenya. Just the other day, I met with a friend of one of my clients whom I do write scripts for. When my client introduced me he mentioned that I am a writer. The gentleman was impressed, apparently his daughter wants to be a writer and he wanted someone to mentor her. This was a humbling experience.

I may not be a full time writer but there are people who earn their livelihood purely from writing. Not everyone takes writers seriously but a community or rather a movement of writers is quickly gaining momentum.

It’s this movement that brought about the Association of Bloggers in Kenya. They may not be able to control the free spirits online but they are surely doing a great job appreciating bloggers. A few months ago Ghafla, Niaje.com, Mummy Tales and This is Ess blogs were awarded for doing a great job.

If you are not taking writing seriously may be its time for soul searching. Anybody can write but not everybody can write well. So if you have the skill and talent start writing today!!!!

Here are related articles:

1.Letter To My Amazing Blog Readers 
2. Youth and Mental Health #IYD2014

 



No comments:

Post a Comment