Thursday 14 August 2014

Youth and Mental Health #IYD2014

I had submitted this poem for publication during the celebration of the International Youth Day. Mental health is vital for the development of an individual and country. Most of us do not realize that our youth are facing mental health challenges because of the difficulties they are facing. Here are words written from the perspective of a youth.



Let Me Be

If I seat alone in a corner,
Let me be.
If I don’t want to talk,
Let me be.
If I’m confused,
Let me be.

If I’m anxious,
Let me be.
If I’m moody,
Let me be.
If I’m angry,
Let me be.

You may not understand,
You may try to fix me,
I don’t mind the concern,
I just mind the meddling,
All I ask is, let me be!

Your help I need,
Your guidance I need,
Your love I need,
Your intervention I need,
Your understanding I need more,
For you to, let me be.

Here are related articles:
1.The Cheapest Cure for Stress and Anger



No comments:

Post a Comment