Monday 10 February 2014

The Cheapest Cure for Stress and Anger



When I was growing up, I never knew what I wanted to be:  just like most kids. I shifted my dream career depending on what people told me I could be or
what they said I was good at.

However, one thing stood out and that is my ability to communicate. According to my mother, I was able to communicate, though not fluently, in English as young as two years despite it being my third language. With time I could recite television adverts with so much ease and yet nobody told me to work on my talent and pursue it as a career.

Writing was never part of my plan even after I enrolled for a bachelor in Journalism and Mass Communication. I suppressed the idea despite the constant reminder by my professor that, “Journalism and writing go hand in hand”. And yet here I am today a ‘blogging addict’.

Writers are the happiest people in the world and I am willing to bet on that. I never knew the power of writing until I was going through a rough patch in my live. The psychologist I talked to, advised me to put my emotions in writing (Like it was anything new to me).

Come to think of it. I got through my adolescence years by writing and this is how I was able to stay away from trouble.

Writing is the most effective form of therapy because there is no fear of being judged or of being misunderstood. If you are struggling with stress, anger, rejection, rebellion, conflict you name it; just make pen and paper your best friends starting today. I am more than sure you will thank me later.

The power in writing does not even compare to Yoga, it is beyond imagination. You do not need any form of scientific research to come up with a hypothesis or form a theory. Take my word for it, I have tried writing therapy and the results are amazing.

Writers are happy people and you will never see them involved in scandals. Pen and paper are their best friends and they are the most loyal friends one can ever have. They will never judge you, snitch, betray you or even let you down.

If you need guidance on writing therapy send me an email, tnyamburamwai@gmail.com, and I will give you a few pointers. For those who are ready do not waste any more time, start the therapy now!

Here are related articles:

2. Writing
3. Building and Maintaining Friendships During Events

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment